10 Things to be thankful for in 2016

Hey guys, 2016 was a great year!!
I know some would disagree with me or maybe just question my excitement but I was just going through the year in reverse and I am in awe of the many things that have happened. I'm sure after I count mine you will have a lot to be thankful for too

1. Thankful for Life - I know I know, it sounds cliché but do you want me to name all the beautiful souls we lost in the year 2016? Imagine all they couldn't achieve.

2. Thankful for family- counting from the top, all still complete with their plus ones and twos, these people are the best support system one can ever have; always pushing you to be better with their support and criticism. What's not to love? #MyFamRocks2016

3. Thankful for Nigeria - Nigerians are the best people in the world, you best believe it. Even facing recession we held our peace together, waking up every day with hope and the zeal to make ourselves better. #GodblessNigeria

4. Thankful for wonderful clients- Did you see all the beautiful clients we had this year? Chai! They were all fantastic. From beautiful brides, mummy at 60, and the numerous corporate clients. Did you guys miss highlights? you can view the moments on our page https://youtu.be/owjtboC94qo




5. Thankful for a great Team- #MyTeamBaddest! When you have the best team everything works. I admire their ability to work tirelessly to achieve anything. (yes we play hard as well)


6. Thankful for recognition - I asked God in the beginning of this year to make my work known to people around me and I got more than I asked. Got an invite to attend the atinuda' atelier along with other professionals in the business. Mama I made it!! Imagine the feeling when Bellanaijaweddings posts your work.... it makes all the sleepless night worth it.

7. Thankful for Support and criticism - I got support and criticism from likely and unlikely avenues, but having the proper understanding that a bowl of soup prepared with ingredients of truth and consciousness isn't oftentimes licked with a smiling face I realized all constructive criticisms I received in 2016 were to prepare TheEventGirl brand for the best 2017 has to offer. So I remain grateful and appreciative!!


8. Thankful for Wedding/Event trends- Despite the economic situation in the country, grooms & brides still set fantastic trends in 2016; raising bars high enough to sometimes doubt if really the country is in recession. I remain thankful for the events that were handled by my team and the wonderful moments we all shared.



9. Thankful for the Strength to Slayy- GOD'S abundant grace kept us strong enough to weather all storms, satisfy clients, and above all get in tune with my wonderful fans/readers via my blog!! Folks we slayed it!!!

10. Thankful for 2017! - Sound the alarm! We are in the new year. Let's do it again and of course do it better. More trends to create, more events to slay, more friends to make. With GOD on our side our greatness has no limits.  We made it guys! #ThankYou











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Brides are TheEventGirl Brides

The Wedding Business is “BIG BUSINESS”

WHY “EMBER” BRIDES HAVE ALL THE FUN