8 VENDORS YOU SHOULDN'T HIRE FOR YOUR EVENT



Hiring  the right wedding vendor is very crucial to your event that’s why it’s one of the most difficult task  for any bride. We must suggest you hire a wedding planner for your event because they are not biased and will totally get the best vendors in a heart beat but for the sake of this blog i will assume i'm advising a DIY bride.
Most vendors get hired based on the uniqueness of their service and how it’s rendered while some are hired based on some other reasons but I’m here to talk to you about the vendors who you shouldn’t hire.

1.The Vendors that don't know what they are doing

This first point is self explanatory. don’t hire them if they don’t know anything about the job. You know those people that say “how hard is it to fry small chops” yes those ones. Don’t hire them ! . I believe small chops has been a life saver for events since 1900 and anyone who thinks it’s easy is not your friend. Lol ( you can tell I’m a born again small chops lover)

2.The “ I feel too BIG” vendors 

Some vendors feel too big to do anything , I once had a vendor who replied my vendors meeting message with “ we do not attend vendors meetings as it’s a waste of our time just send a message and we will try to comply” like who says that? Weddings are all about different people coming together and if you can’t come together to make a couple’s dream come true then you shouldn’t be on the team in the first place.

3.The “ emotionally attached” vendors 

Have you guys noticed that there is at least one or two wedding vendors in every home? I mean there’s one in mine too . Now this subject is a very sensitive one and i will say the exact same thing I tell everyone. As a client don’t be emotionally wooed into hiring a vendor just because they are close to you. Don’t forget i said most vendors are hired based on the uniqueness of their service and how it’s rendered so as a vendor I advise that you improve your skills and make your services so good that who ever hires you thinks they made the best rational choice not an emotional one. 

4.The “inexperienced” vendors

I remember some years ago I felt that my love for "organising stuff" was enough and I could just call myself “Event Planner”  but when I started working for one I realised it was a different ball game entirely. So please pick trained vendor,doesn't have to be many years of training but at least enough to manage your event task and capacity.
 To all the aspiring vendors or new vendors out here do yourself some good by getting some training and working experience because you really don't want to ruin a couple's day because of your lack of experience.


5.Vendors with bad reviews

Ok don’t get me wrong I’m not saying that all vendors are perfect , trust me some jobs you celebrate on the gram might just be their worst job ever or they might just be having a bad streak. Still I advise all intending clients to double check and triple check before hiring a vendor, ask their previous clients and if the bad outweighs the good that’s a no no from me. 


6.The Money conscious vendors 

This brings us to the “money policy” or “payment policy” aspect. I’m totally against any form of mishap when it comes to money and I also have policies set about payment for services but you see how I put the “services” in there? It shows that giving the best service should be the number one for any vendor and I have come to notice that clients PAY for good service so just give your best service and i assure you these clients will reward. As a client i advise you look for vendors that are more service oriented but please pay for good service.

7.Vendors that don’t take responsibility 

Is this a Nigerian thing? Lol , I mean it’s only in Nigeria you hear the most absurd excuse from vendors. Customer service / Customer relations? I mean why put out a business phone number if no one is ever going to answer or respond to enquiries? That’s a turn off to any client and you won’t get the bookings dear.

8.Vendors that don’t keep to time 

Time is precious to every bride so a good vendor should know how to use and manage their time in such a professional way that no client gets too less or too much of it. #keepeveryonehappy

So finally i would like to say at the end of the day its all about you and what you want so i hope that my points will help your decision in its own little way and if it doesn't then by all means just do you,after all i'm just an event planner.

xoxo






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Brides are TheEventGirl Brides

WHY “EMBER” BRIDES HAVE ALL THE FUN

The Wedding Business is “BIG BUSINESS”